TRUE FLEXDRAPER® NO COMPROMISE
The MacDon FD75 FlexDraper® is our latest innovation in FlexDraper technology. Even at maximum flex our fixed reel to cutter bar relationship stays true, maintaining a consistently small critical gap between the reel fingers and cutter bar. This close reel to cutter bar relationship results in smooth, consistent, heads-first feeding that significantly boosts combine productivity. That means you get up to 45′ (13.7m) of true ground following characteristics that won’t compromise performance.
SMOOTH, CONSISTENT, HEADS-FIRST FEEDING. IT’S WHAT SETS OUR MACHINES APART.
MacDon 5 Series Drapers are designed to provide smooth, consistent headsfirst feeding to the combine, even in the most challenging harvest conditions. Feeding crop heads-first is the best way to get the most performance out of your combine – burning less fuel and taking less time to process means getting the crop off quicker and more efficiently. HERE’S HOW WE DO IT…
- Close Reel to Cutterbar Relationship – The MacDon FD75 features a fixed cutter bar to reel relationship. A small critical gap between the reel fingers and the cutter bar is maintained at all times, even when in full flex, ensuring smooth feeding of the crop over the entire width of the MacDon FD75 FlexDraper® Header.
- Active Float System – The CA25 works with the auto-header-height-control of the combine which allows for instant float-response over changing ground conditions. Coil springs mechanically provide lateral and vertical float of the header, independent of the combine feeder house which allows the FlexDraper® to float over rolling and uneven terrain.
- Reel Performance – The MacDon reel offers 4 adjustable cam positions, allowing you to select the setting that best suits your harvest conditions. Positions 1 and 2 are for fair harvest conditions with ripe standing crop and no green weeds or undergrowth. Positions 3 and 4 allow you to put the reel in front of and below the cutter bar for lifting downed and low podding crop. You can also use the header tilt and fore-aft reel positioning for even more aggressive action when required.
- True Ground Following Characteristics – The MacDon FD75 is a floating, three-section flexible header with a split reel allowing the entire header frame, cutter bar and reel to follow ground contours as a unit – while maintaining the small, consistent reel to cutter bar relationship important for smooth crop feeding to the combine – even at maximum flex.
- Conforms to the ground with minimal ground pressure.
- Can be easily and quickly locked into rigid configuration.
- The reel is easily adjustable to one of 4 cam positions to match harvest conditions.
- Hydraulically adjusted reel fore-aft and header tilt functions allow easy, on-the-go changes for harvesting conditions.
- The C-shaped cutter bar promotes smoother crop flow with one of the industry’s shortest transitions from cutterbar to the draper. Even in shatter-prone crops, it maintains a tight draper to cutter bar seal for better harvest performance.
- Featuring the proven durability of the MacDon wobble box drive, the hydraulic knife drive enables adjustments to the sickle speed based on specific harvesting conditions.
- Spare knife storage is now provided on 40’ (12.2m) and 45’ (13.7m) double knife headers.
- Improved hydraulics with knife reverser and more precise draper speed control.